Custom Search

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wonderful Update From Ryder's Adopter!

Well, I would have written sooner but somebody keeps moving my arm away from the keyboard with his snout! Something about head scratching.

Ryder and I are spending about 20+ hours a day together. He finally found the bed I got for him but up until then was sleeping on the floor (carpeted) next to my bed or by the door. He was getting up in the morning and putting his head near mine just to say hey - but now - he is so comfy in that bed, he just waits for me to get up. Then we stretch together. That's pretty funny. He is sooooo easy to walk and looks to me for guidance. A little tap on the leash is all it takes to get him back on track. One of my neighbors says it’s so funny to watch us because he looks at me and I look at him as we decide which way to go. He likes to go to the office with me and trots right up to the door, tail wagging. And he ALWAYS pauses by the car door to see if we are going for a ride.
We watch television together. He likes Longhorn sports. (Sorry Michelle – he says Hook’em!) Occasionally we’ll watch a channel called Palladia that has music and concerts and I will sing and he seems to like that. He even sits in the room while a goof around on my guitar (acoustic).

He is really calm but if I start blowing on his ear, he is hilarious. It is like the signal to start playing. I have hardwoods downstairs with area rugs and he will sprint from room to room and spin out on the carpet and race back. Absolutely great fun to watch.

He goes on errands with me regularly. I have to take my Dad to therapy twice a week (Ryder was uncomfortable around him the first two times he met him) and Ryder goes and wags his tail when Dad gets in the car – which I think has been great for Dad. After Ryder and I went to the store the other day, I took him by Bryker Woods Vet Clinic to meet them and so I could pick up his heartworm preventative. He was great and they loved on him.

I have been introducing him to social settings and he is getting easier and easier to have around people and generally will accept folks within a couple of minutes. He has met some of the neighborhood dogs and has some new friends. He has also had a couple of play dates! Everybody loves him!!

All in all, I couldn’t have been more fortunate with this little guy. My friends are jealous of my sweet companion! I can’t believe anybody would mistreat him. Michelle and her husband certainly did a phenomenal job of preparing him - and I am the beneficiary.

So my little pal and I are going to do a bit more work before we call it a night! Right Ryder? Ryder! Oh he is asleep at my feet… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment