Custom Search

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Serena Is Doing Great!

Here you go, Serena is relaxing with me here at work today. She normally stays home, inside, but now and then I bring her with me for company. Serena and I toally bonded with me the first day, and she does everytinhg I ask her to.
She has been to the vet and I take her for walks and hikes regularly. She loves to ride and I can keep her in the car when I go into stores--all she wants is that walk afterward. I have a protocol to work with her on sit/stay. She does beautifully on and off leash, except for lurching at some dogs. I can't seem to predict which ones, so I try to put myself in front to block her and I do a quick touch and say "no" or "hey" and trust eventually she'll get there is no threat.

But she is gentle as a dog can be, and a very sweet soul. I just adore her and we are forever buddies. Serena will fetch a ball as fast as any labrador retriever and she is quite the catch. She sleeps in her bed at the side of my bed, and always takes a toy or ball to bed with her. I get stopped on the trail when people admire my beatuiful dog, and I always tell them where she came from.

Blessings, (adopter)

No comments:

Post a Comment