Custom Search

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Beau Used To Be Our Zulu! Read What His New Family Has To Say!

Our Beau is doing so well, progressing all the time into the family. He has now taken over monitoring Sugar's outside activities. He usually finishes his business first and then he just sits down in the shade and watches her til she is done then they come back in together. It is cute, but sad that his only current friend is a termite. I got your package today, you are too funny. My daughter, her husband and the baby came for dinner tonight and we were all sitting outside before they left and he was sitting there with us. My grandson just loves him and hugs him continually, and tonight Beau licked his face, so Marek was in seventh heaven. He went up to everyone wagging his tail, and just was so relaxed like this was an everyday occurrence. He never seems bothered by being outside, just sits there staring around at everything.
Mia is going to be a good teacher about the cat. When I was bringing Beau back in, he saw the cat and walked over to him I think just to smell, but Mia didn't like that as Ozzie is her best bud so she growled and snapped at him and he backed off. The funny part was, Mia walks over to Ozzie, smells him all over to make sure he is alright, then starts licking his face. It was hysterical, as though he was her baby and Ozzie was just laying there eating it up. But she herself has play-attacked him as though she were going to kill him, but never leaves a mark on him. Just grabs him with her paws and pins him down. Really strange, like siblings I think "I'm the only one that can beat him up, not a stranger".
He is in a routine now, I gave him a rawhide today because he was a little more demanding in the attention department then yesterday. I was worried about how Sugar would be treated if she approached, but he just moved her away with his nose when she tried to lick the bone. So now she stays away from him when he is eating it. but he never growled or acted possessive. He is actually even more mellow than Whisper was with her and more patient. I have been leaving them alone in my room when I am going back in forth outside and they will both sit at the baby gate and watch and wait. Too cute.

Yes he is just perfect!! Everyone in my immediate family that has met him is in love with him. Hoping all is well with you.
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment