Custom Search

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Adopters Have Creative Minds-Read CiAn (Kiowa's) First Report At Her New Home

Hi Aunt CiCi,


     I’ve had such an exciting day with my new forever family that I just had to write and tell you about it. My new daddy and mommy absolutely love me to death, and I love them too!

     After you left, they took me to PetSmart. Wow! What an exciting adventure! Everything was so new – and somewhat scary, but I was a real trooper. I saw so many other dogs. Some came nose-to-nose with me, but I was such a good girl and didn’t even get overly excited. All of the nice people loved me; there must have been a dozen or more that came up to love on me. All of them said how beautiful I am. I don’t know what that means, but it sure sounded nice! My daddy and mommy bought all kinds of goodies for me – food, treats, dishes, pooper scoopers – you name it. They almost passed out when they realized they had to pay $50 for a “pet brush” but they know I’m worth it, and they’ve already used it on me. It felt so good!

     Daddy took me for about a 30-minute walk earlier tonight. We even saw the beautiful Trail of Lights. What an adventure. Daddy couldn’t believe how good I was since I’m not really trained to walk on a leash yet. By the way, they have enrolled me in an 8-week class at PetSmart starting on December 19. The teacher was there today, and she was already so impressed with me!

     I have to admit I’m having a little trouble understanding those funny-looking dogs that are so much a part of this household. They are much smaller than I, and they make strange noises that sound like “meow.” The whole family got a big scare when I was napping in my crate this afternoon and one of those funny creatures walked in front of me. I barked just like a real dog – not just one of those howls – and I think it really startled everyone. I think I just got frightened because I was closed in and didn’t know what to do. Since then, Mommy and Daddy have carried out several of those creatures, and we’ve all been pretty good about it. I also got real excited when Squeak came to the back porch. I now understand that she’s part of the family even though she lives outside. I barked at her quite loudly, but as soon as Daddy and Mommy took me outside to see her, I was o.k.

     Daddy and Mommy keep telling me what a good girl I am. I tried to eat the angel off of the coffee table and baby Jesus off of the other table, but as soon as they said “drop” I stopped. I’ve already found out how comfortable the sofa is; they even have a “binky” on it that I can lie on. I also sat in Daddy’s lap in his special chair. The magazine they bought said that German Shepherds aren’t lap dogs, but I might prove them wrong!

     I just had a yummy dinner, so I guess I’ll be going to bed soon. Daddy and Mommy are watching a movie called “Pacific” and I’m just totally wasted. I’m stretched out on the floor by Mommy’s feet but also real close to Daddy. They’ve told me I’ll have to sleep in my crate tonight so those other strange creatures can have their space, and I think I’ll be o.k. with that. I really enjoyed my nap in there today.

     Oh, and by the way, I have a new forever name. My new name is CiAn (pronounced See-Ann). I’m named after the two people who made all of this possible – YOU and my Aunt Andrea, who hasn’t been able to come over to see me yet.

     Thank you for helping me find my forever home!!!! I’ll see you soon.  I love you…….CiAn

No comments:

Post a Comment