Custom Search

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Report From Beau's Front Porch!

Hi Debi, can't believe it has been a full month now that we have had the great Beau. He is doing so wonderful, I have been taking more photo's and even got a video of him dancing around Aly when she got home from school. She said she was going to try and upload it to the website so everyone could see him.
                       (blogger photo note: Zulu-first arrival into rescue)

He is doing wonderful, has no anxiety about my leaving - just watches with Sugar through the window. He doesn't follow me everywhere all the time now and just plops somewhere until he wants to go out. He will sometimes just go out and hang out on the porch, not wanting to come in. He really makes us laugh with some of his antics when he wants something - especially his "talking" which you will see in the video. He has started barking at the cows now when they come too close to the fence, and looks back at me like "I am protecting you don't worry." He is however, so gentle with Sugar and our old cat Patches and of course my grandson. I haven't been able to get Marek to stay still long enough for me to capture a photo of the two together.

Mia still has her jealous times, but she actually walked in and licked his face and wagged her tail at him yesterday. He still doesn't trust her though and will avoid her, as she will slip whenever he puts his paw on me or Aly to go out - she doesn't like that at all and gets banished for her growling. But she is sooooo ready for him to come outside and play with her and turns around in circles everytime I let her out - just thinking he is going to get to come out too. I guess we have four more weeks to go per the vet, the middle of Oct.

I am enjoying him so much but the waiting is difficult (before I can walk him and start taking him to classes). But I do love the companionship he gives me daily and that he gets me up and away from the computer.
Hope all is well with you, there are so many out there needing rescue it is hard to see all the photos. Have you taken in another one yet? Both my daughters post the new dogs as they come up on their facebook pages and I keep sending them to my friends - hoping they will know someone who will take one.

I am attaching a photo of Beau just watching the world go by out on the front porch. Hope you are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment