Custom Search

Friday, September 18, 2009

Farrah's New Family Has This To Say

Update from Farrah's Adopter:

Just want to give you an update on Farrah. She is doing VERY well. She and our stray dog Cindy have both been housebroken and we have had no accidents for about a WEEK! YIPPEE! The pack is still sorting things out, and we have had minor dustups from all three dogs, no injuries at all. Farrah was so shy at first and was a scaredy dog when we did our first walk around the property. We take at least one walk a day with me leading the pack. The rest of the day, they are on their own to run free. We have some neighbor dogs some of whom are chained up. When we passed the one dog which was chained up near the back fence, it jumped and made a ruckus. Farrah RAN away even though there was a fence between the dog and her. It took me a long time to convince her it was OK to walk past it. She gradually got more bold, and now she is leading the pack in joining in the barkfest we have every morning at our back fence with our neighbor dogs.
Our Lab mix Max who you met, is the pack leader and loves to swim. Farrah has been his swimming buddy now and this morning they went for a pre-breakfast swim. Cindy is not so eager to get in the water. They all love to run around and chase each other in the house and outside. The problem is that Max is so refreshed when he takes a swim, he really is like a puppy again and has to run all over the place. Usually with Farrah and Cindy chasing him. I took some pictures of all the dogs and our place, and my wife will try and send you a link so you can see them. Once again, we are VERY happy with our Farrah. She is so sweet and is getting more confident and blossoming more into a real Terv and is showing more of their characteristics as the days go by. Unfortunately, she has decided that my wife is HER human first. I was Natalie's primary human, so I feel a bit left out now.

The two dogs sleep on their bed next to my side of the bed, and then Farrah will move to my wifes side when I go to sleep. Of course, she has figured out that I am the one to wake first in the morning, and I get licks to tell me it is time to get up and chase squirrels and Max. Hope that you and your pups are doing as well as we are and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment