Custom Search

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sugar's Story

Sugar entered my life when she was 2 years old. My favorite rescue directer/founder called me up and asked if I could foster this white female GSD mix out of TLAC. We didn't know her story, just that she needed help getting out of TLAC. "Sure", I said and made arrangements to pick her up.

Sugar was first adopted to a woman who's husband (they met on the internet) was a policeman. He'd wanted a canine company for a long time. The wife finally relented (reluctantly I found out). The wife then completely changed her mind, after the husband had totally fallen in love with Sugar. She claimed Sugar urinated on her brand new carpet, in her brand new house, chased her cat relentlessly, and then growled at her unemployed, discontented, adult son (I know, I know, I'm bitter). The rescue group and I took her back.


Her second adoption was a total flop. I let a friend adopt Sugar, only their personalities clashed completely. If Sugar could misbehave, she did so at every opportunity. The rescue and I took Sugar back.


Her third adoption seemed to be a match made in heaven. She had a canine companion as well as a young, energetic human couple. Two years after her adoption and the purchase of a house, this couple banned Sugar and her companion to the back yard. Sugar learned to bark. She barked all day and all night. The rescue and I took her back. We were angry at this couple. So angry we put them on a local "do not adopt to" list.

This foster (me) couldn't bear to send Sugar away anymore. So my new boyfriend (who fell in love with her) and I adopted her. She's NEVER misbehaved for me ever! She gets along very well with my whole pack. Sugar is the best!

It's been two years since I adopted Sugar, and she's almost 9 years old now. She loves her walks, loves to “wooooowoooo”. She's been called “snow-dog” by neighborhood children, “Lipazzaner snow-dog” by me because she loves to spin around on her hind quarters, and she struts lighter than air when she walks. My boyfriend calls her “curly-tail snow-dog”. She doesn't like thunderstorms much, but just pants & paces when they are happening, no biggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment